Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A bad interview

So I had an interview last Friday that I don't think went very well. I'm not very good at answering questions on the fly or even really remembering things. I'm much better at learning things and looking things up to remember them. So when someone asks me how a motor works my first instinct is to whip out a textbook. In an interview though, that's not an option and I'm forced to flounder it away on my own. Sigh. They asked me so many questions about relatively simple things that I don't remember because I don't work with them every day. So I probably came off as a bit of a doofus. And then I had a discussion with the hiring manager today where he was careful to point out that this was a very competitive position and multiple people were applying for it and blah blah blah. Chris says they tell that to everyone, but still. It doesn't give me that much confidence. Oh well. If I don't get this job there will be another.

Last weekend was fine. We did some spring cleaning, biked to Los Gatos, bought a robot cat feeder for Isaac so we could leave him home alone for longer than a day. I got these amazing strawberries at the farmer's market. Small things. It was all very relaxing. I finished that crazy hat from the last blog and am already about halfway through knitting a baby sweater (it's going so fast!). We leave for DC and Uncle Jack's wedding on Thursday. Time flies.

No comments: