Some highlights from the visit include:
Watching the groomsmen drive away in Jack's new/old Caddy. They were playing this great 50s/60s music and it was such beautiful weather. The car is pretty cool too - Chris and I were enlisted to drive it home but ended up leaving it in the parking lot because it was bleeding brake fluid. Sad.
Jack's story about one summer when he was a teen and was goofing off at the local pool. They kicked him out and his rebellion on leaving was to burn rubber in the parking lot while leaving. When he got home Nana met him at the door saying he needed to go right back to the pool and replace what he had taken. He was puzzled and she told him that the pool had called and said that he peeled rubber from the pool and he had to go right back and replace it. We laughed so hard.
Aunt Sharon's story about finding a huge bug on her arm in the ladies room. Her quote: "It was like two inches long! It looked like an alligator!" We busted up at that one too.
Eating the shortcake at the brunch on Saturday was a highlight for me. That stuff was so good. I wanted to sit down and eat the entire pan.
Riding in the Yukon. Friday afternoon we drove to get a tie for Troy and we were having a tough time navigating the DC area. As Chris put it, there were 6 of us in the car and 7 navigators, with Troy's new GPS shouting instructions too. It's amazing we got home at all. I thought Chris's commentary was going to make his popularity nosedive - mostly this exchange:
Troy: Ok Rose, make the next left here.
Ma: Oh, you mean here? [She swerves into the suicide lane a ways before a light - kind of a turn for a parking lot]
Troy: Oh, no. At the light.
Chris: Although if I designed the road systems I would totally make Route 97 start in the parking lot behind the Home Depot.
My mom took it in stride, but I had to laugh like crazy at him for being so smart ass to my mom. Maybe she didn't hear his comment before... hmm... Ma, if you're reading this, erase his commentary from your memory. He he...
Anyway, it was all quite fun. My whole family just makes me laugh like crazy. Oh, another highlight was getting to feel my sister's baby belly. I didn't get to feel the baby kick, but you could tell there was one in there. So yeah, very fun, I'm very glad I went, and everyone should enjoy the rest of the photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment