Monday, May 28, 2007

Ice Cream Experiments

Recently I was craving ice cream but it was pretty much the first thing I had to quit eating when I discovered I was lactose intolerant. I mean, I didn't have to stop eating it, but my stomach felt better when I did. Anyway, I was craving ice cream and decided to try a few soy ice creams. And once I started, I couldn't stop. I bought 5 different types of ice cream sandwiches - all in the name of science of course. Here are the results of the study, just so you can be spared a few of the products.

Soy delicious chocolate chip cookie sandwich with vanilla ice cream: I thought it was really bad. Chris said he agreed with that assessment and then ate the entire thing before I had a chance to ask for a second bite. Nevertheless, I think my first opinion stands.

Rice dream vanilla and oatmeal cookie sandwich, dipped in carob: too disgusting. Even Chris threw this one away without eating the rest.

Soy Delicious, Soy Dream, and Tofutti Cutie ice cream sandwiches (all the type with the soggy chocolate cookies on the outside and various types of ice cream in the middle): All of these were pretty much as good as your typical milk based ice cream sandwich. Good thing I got a lot of these types and very few of the first two.

So now we know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like Tofutti Cuties with different flavors of the "ice cream". We just found a mint chocolate chip version--fantastic!! Also, the Double Rainbow Soy Cream Very Cherry Chocolate Chip (available at Trader Joe's) is amazing.

StepNurse said...

Soy Delicious pints of ice cream are my salvation...I'm lactose intolerant as well. Try the Haagen Dazs Chocolate Sorbet too!